Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Asiana Pasta

This is what a weeknight dinner looks like when I have a bunch of leftover stuff and zero desire to create a culinary masterpiece. In this case, it was half a bag of frozen mixed veggies and some seitan strips. Since my theory is that everything tastes awesome covered in peanut sauce, I give you......Asiana Pasta!

I cooked up some whole wheat spaghetti noodles, added the frozen veggies and seitan, then tossed everything with the easiest peanut sauce EVER. A touch of grated carrots gave the dish a nice fresh crunch and burst of color.

Lindsay's Weeknight Peanut Sauce
Serves 2-4, depending on how fat kid/hungry you are
-1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
-2 T. soy sauce
-2 T. rice vinegar
-1/4-1/2 c. water, depending on how thick you like your sauce
-1/2 t. of all the following: garlic powder, ground ginger, crushed red pepper flakes

Mix it all together and pop in the microwave for about a minute, maybe two. Stir well before serving. That's it! Adjust all of these measurements to taste; it's a pretty forgiving recipe.



Sorry I've sucked at posting lately. Work has picked up quite a bit, and I'm busy studying for the PMP (Project Management Professional) Exam on April 21st. I have not forgotten my blog, though, fear not! I shall be back with a vengeance soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment